CMS posted the following update on Friday and the deadline is coming soon if you’re interested in participating. Sounds like an interesting opportunity.
Volunteers Sought for ICD-10 End-to-End Testing in January: Forms due October 3
January 26-30, 2015
During the week of January 26 through 30, 2015, a sample group of providers will have the opportunity to participate in ICD-10 end-to-end testing with Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) and the Common Electronic Data Interchange (CEDI) contractor. The goal of end-to-end testing is to demonstrate that:
- Providers and submitters are able to successfully submit claims containing ICD-10 codes to the Medicare Fee-For Service (FFS) claims systems
- CMS software changes made to support ICD-10 result in appropriately adjudicated claims
- Accurate Remittance Advices are produced
Approximately 850 volunteer submitters will be selected to participate in the January end-to-end testing. This nationwide sample will yield meaningful results, since CMS intends to select volunteers representing a broad cross-section of provider, claim, and submitter types, including claims clearinghouses that submit claims for large numbers of providers.
To volunteer as a testing submitter:
- Volunteer forms are available on your MAC website
- Completed volunteer forms are due October 3
- CMS will review applications and select the group of testing submitters
- By October 24, the MACs and CEDI will notify the volunteers selected to test and provide them with the information needed for the testing
Additional opportunities for end-to-end testing will be available in 2015. Any issues identified during testing will be addressed prior to ICD-10 implementation. Educational materials will be developed for providers and submitters based on the testing results.
For more information: MLN Matters® Special Edition Article #SE1409, “Medicare FFS ICD-10 Testing Approach”