CMS released images of the new Medicare card along with some details on the new design. The release is still several months away but they’ve started sending out marketing materials already. I really wish some of those materials would include telling them to stop carrying their old card.
Details of the new design:
- Consumer tested by people with Medicare
- Positively reviewed among 10 possible cards designs
- Strong preference to maintain red, white and blue palette
- Easy to read, copy, scan at provider offices
- Smaller size to match the size of a standard credit card
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Gender & signature line won’t appear on new Medicare cards
- All cards, including for Puerto Rico, will be printed on white paper
Have you see the “Guard Your Card” commericials?